From my heart to yours: In gratitude to my family, friends, students, and other loved ones, I am so excited to offer a three hour experience of some of my favorite activities for my favorite people in celebration of 50 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MUST RSVP at the following eventbrite link (remember to use the password maile):
You will be treated to GONG Sound Therapy, Meditation, Gentle Yoga, Zumba & Social Latin Dancing
Schedule of events: Note that first arrival time is between 5:45 & 6:15 (doors will lock temporarily 6:15 - 7:30 for sacred space during gong, meditation, and yoga). Second arrival time is between 7:30 & 9 (for food, birthday cake, zumba and social dancing). Come and go as you like within the arrival times.
- 5:45 early arrival until doors open at 6
- 6:15 doors lock temporarily until 7:30: Welcome and Pule
- 6:30 Meditation and Gong sound bath
- 7:00 Gentle Yoga
- 7:30 Doors open... Toasts!!!
- 7:45 Zumba
- 8:15 birthday cake, Social dancing and eating. Light refreshments include cheese & dips, crackers, fruits, & vegetables
- 9pm clean up and head out to after party destination TBD
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
Adults only please for the meditation, Gong sound therapy, and Yoga. Children welcome at 7:30-9 during Zumba, social dancing, and refreshments.
Is there alcohol at this event?
This is an alcohol-free event. However, after party is at your discretion :)
Where exactly is Aloha DanceSport Center?
The Aloha Dancesport Center is on the second floor above Hibiscus Club. The entrance to the ballroom faces Ward Avenue. If you are driving mauka to makai, the Aloha DanceSport building at 350 Ward will be on your right and Ross/Halloween store (previously sports authority) will be on your left.
See photos of the location at http://alohadancesportcenter.com/media/
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Convenient parking is across the street in Ross/Halloween store parking lot. There is also street parking and a few spots on the side of the Dancesport center building.
How can I prepare?
Eat dinner before you arrive. Light refreshments made available after Zumba (8:15). Water and other non-alcohol beverages will be provided for you
What should I bring?
Most important is to bring your open heart and open mind for connection and new experiences.
NO GIFTS !!!!!!
- Yoga: Meditation, and Gong sound therapy: Mat and/or towel. Wear any clothing you can comfortably lay down in.
- Zumba: Any kind of fitness shoes
- Social Dancing: anything you like to dance in. keep wearing your yoga and zumba clothes or change. Ballroom shoes if you plan to ballroom dance.
- After party: anything that meets a danceclub dresscode
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Text maile @ 808-778-7559 or e-mail Maile@MaileLabasan.com